Thursday, February 11, 2016

Rainbow Crochet Scarf and Doily

These two projects began with Gioniver, my brother-in law, in mind. I wanted to make something with a rainbow theme. I searched and searched for an appropriate yarn, and after a first failure (picture at the bottom of this post) I found the most beautiful and lovely yarn: Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable: Stained Glass

Using craftybegonia.blogspot.com scarf pattern I created this colorful scarf and tassels.









 

For the doily I didn't follow any pattern, I just simply crocheted in a circular pattern, increasing 6 stitches in every round. I started with the magic ring with 6 single crochets, then increased to 12 sc, then 18 sc, then 24 sc, etc, etc.  I did 19 sc rows. For the edge I followed Lucy's Attic 24 border shell: 1sc, 1 hdc, 4 dc in the stitch, 1 hdc, I sc. Repeat around.



No comments:

Post a Comment