Sunday, February 28, 2016

Crochet Flower Necklace with a Peruvian flavor


A couple of years ago I made this crochet necklace out of Lucy’s Teeny Tiny Flowers pattern.
http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/teeny-tiny-flowers.html


 
It was a simple and fast project that continues to bring me joy every time I wear it, not to mention the many times it has sparked a conversation with a  fellow crocheteer (not even sure this word exists but it sounds good, you know, someone that loves crochet J)

So, yesterday I started a third one. Yes, I made a second necklace for my dear friend Marta, now an avid crocheteer (but of course) using grey/brown colors soon after the first one but it has been long overdue and I wanted to make a third one.

This time using colors that remind me of Peru,  red terracotta like our ceramic pots, green like the turquesa peruana or crisocola , orange like our spondylus shells… I am getting nostalgic thinking about Peru and its colors…
 


 


















Here is a preview of my progress so far, hope you like it!


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment