Thursday, February 18, 2016

Cross Stitching Flowers Project on Blue Burlap - Feb 17 Completion

It feels awesome to have completed this project in less than a month! Pao and I got all the DMC embroidery threads on January 23, and yesterday, more than 6,000 cross stitches later, I was able to call it done !!! I am so glad I didn't count the stitches ahead of time!!!

Thanks again for the inspiration and  motivation from the  The Snowflower Diaries blog.
Maja Matyaz Szilagyi is the generous creator behind The Snowflower Diaries, she recently launched a Stitch Along cross stitch primitive calendar with the most beautiful designs. For more details on how to join please visit her blog or her Facebook page at STITCH ALONG - Joyful World by The Snowflower Diaries.

By joining her FaceBook group I was inspired to cross stitch again...I don't recall when was the last time I had embarked in such a big cross stitch projects, years for sure.

In terms of materials it was not expensive at all, the fabric was cheap burlap from Joann's Fabrics (less than $4 for a yard with a 30% sale discount), and the DMC embroidery thread, one skein was enough for all the colors (total of 24 colors).

No comments:

Post a Comment