Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Crochet Cupcakes with pattern


Last year when I completed my ice cream cones  I wanted to crochet cupcakes! It was just “natural” to continue the sweetness madness..jajajaja. I made one, but wasn’t very happy with the results, there it sat forgotten and sad under other PHDs (projects half done) for far too long. My comadre (I don’t know the translation for comadre, Pao’s God-mother) Rossy has this neat idea to host a bazar in November to share and sell our creations, when I showed her my failed cupcake she liked it!! (by the way, Rossy bakes the MOST delicious cupcakes ever!!!).

Renewed with her support and positive vibes I gave it another try…I searched and searched for patterns, tested a couple and landed on LanasYOvillos  
(Same website as the ice cream cones. A coincidence? I don’t think so, their patterns are awesome!).





 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The pattern is super easy to follow, she even posted a video!!! I added an extra row to the bottom piece, and that was my only change. Enjoy!!!

I wrote the pattern in English for you:

Cupcake Bottom

R1 6 sc in Magic ring (6 sts)

R2 2 sc in every stitch (12 stitches)

R3 1 sc 1 inc all around (18 stitches)

R4 2 sc 1 inc all around (24 stitches)

R5 in the back loop only, 1 sc in every stitch (24 stitches)

R6 & R7  1 sc in every stitch (24 stiches)

R8 3 sc 1 inc all around (30 stitches)

R9 & R10 1 sc in every stitch (30 stitches)

R11 (I added this extra row) 1 sc in very stitch (30 stitches).

Cupcake top:

R1 6 sc in Magic ring (6 sts)
R2 2 sc in every stitch (12 stitches)
R3 1 sc 1 inc all around (18 stitches)
R4 2 sc 1 inc all around (24 stitches)
R5 1 sc in every stitch (24 stitches)
R6 3 sc 1 inc all around (30 stitches)
R7 - R10 1 sc in every stitch (30 stitches)
R11 scallop-> 4 sc in the same stitch, slip stitch in the next stitch –all around

No comments:

Post a Comment