Monday, February 9, 2015

Treasures and Crochet Strawberries with Pattern

Every year on Super bowl weekend, Pao’s school hosts their annual Festival, they have fun rides and delicious food for the whole family, and a very nice charity bazar. I really enjoy going through the tables nicely labeled and organized to find “treasures”…you know the saying , one man’s garbage is another  man’s treasure? well, it’s true J  

Look at my treasures:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Matryoshka doll (Russian dolls, left), Kokeshi doll (Japanese doll, center), Enamel doll (do you see a patter going on here?..jajaja), and Strawberry necklace….

I had crochet strawberries in my ever growing “To Do” list for a very long time, well no more in the To Do!!! They are in the DONE pile..yey!!

They are so colorful and cheerful they make me happy just by looking at them. They are quick to make and enjoy!  I tested a couple of patterns till I came up with my own (posted below). It’s a simple amigurumi style project, you start with a magic circle and then you crochet in the round. For the leaves I also tested more than one pattern, this was my favorite  lanasyovillos.

Materials: DMC embroidery floss in red, pink, green, and very light yellow for the seeds.
Crochet 2.5 mm
Needle for the seeds, and filler (I used yarn trimmings from previous projects)









Strawberry pattern:
R1 5 sc in Magic ring (5 sts)
R2 2 sc in every stitch (10 stitches)
R3 1 sc in  every stitch (10 stitches)
R4 1sc 1 inc all around (15 stitches)
R5 1sc in every stitch (15 stitches)
R6 2 sc 1 inc all around (20 stitches)
R7 1sc in every stitch (20 stitches)
R8 3 sc 1 inc all around (25 stitches)
R9 1 sc in every stitch (25 stitches)
R10 & 11 1 sc in every stitch (25 stitches)
R12 3 sc 1 dec all around (20 stitches)
R13 2 sc 1 dec all around (15 stitches)
R14 1 sc in every stitch ( 15 stitches)
R15 1 sc 1 dec all around (10 stitches)

No comments:

Post a Comment