Thursday, July 21, 2016

Crochet Pokemon Bulbasaur amigurumi - How to Instructions


Under construction!!! come back soon for the complete post

Alexandra, my next door neighbor challenged me with crocheting a Pokemon Bulbasaur by August 19, for his boyfriend Jan on their 3rd year anniversary. August 19th, the day my son, my only son, is leaving for College….and that is a whole another topic and post…

Thankfully, the never failing blogosphere  full of talented bloggers saved the day, once again, and provided us with 2 amazing patterns:

In no order of amazingness:
Pattern #1 Mummy & Annie (in Spanish) English translation provided below
http://www.mummyandannie.com/2015/05/bulbasaur-patron-amigurumi.html
Pattern #2 53Stitches
http://53stitches.tumblr.com/post/95316460702/bulbasaur-amigurumi-pattern






I have added a couple of notes and pictures that helped me build my friend Bulbasaur:
Head: used buttons for the eyes bought at Wal-Mart at their crafts section ($1.98 for 75 buttons)


Saw eyes and embroider mouth and green spots when you complete row 13, it is easier to work on those details before stuffing the head


Body: the pattern ends with 14 rows, however I added 1 additional row to make it more proportionate with the head.


Arms and Legs: I added 1 additional row to the legs


Plant on back: Also I kind of combined both patterns into one. For example the little green plant in his back is from pattern #2 found on 53stitches blog.


I liked the shape of the plant better, I thinks is looks closer to the original Bulbasour



I used pins to hold the pieces in place and make sure I was happy with the location of its legs and arms.
I noted where (which row) and saw his legs and arms, head, etc. just to add more details in case I decided to make a couple of “friends” for Bulbasour to play with.



I also embroidered his mouth, he definitely wanted to express himself, and added more spots to his face and body.

This little dude is full of personality, don’t you think?





I had so much fun creating this awesome creature I think I will try another Pokemon next, maybe Picachu???


What is your favorite Pokemon?







No comments:

Post a Comment