Thursday, May 7, 2015

Crochet Round Scarf and Shawl


Last year I found this easy to follow video on how to make this simple but beautiful round scarf.
 I made it with 2 skeins of purple Vana’s Choice yarn and I have enjoyed wearing it year around! My office is super cold so I don’t have to wait till winter to wear my cozy scarf. At the time, I realized I would have preferred for the diameter to be smaller so that it would rest comfortable on my shoulders and cover me without sliding downs my arms. I wanted more a shawl than a scarf.
Number of chains: 162
Number of rows: 21

Soooo, I gave it a second try and made this smaller diameter version using  Bernat Sheep (ish) Vickie Howell - Coral(ish) - and I LOVE IT !!!! exactly the same process I just used less chains at the beginning. This is what I did, I made  80 chains and, without creating the circle yet, I measured the diameter over my shoulders and continue making chains till I was satisfied with the size of my chain. Then, continued following the video instructions.
Number of chains 113
Number of rows 29

My dear friend Carla gave me this awesome yarn from Peru and I couldn’t resist and made shawled ## !!! I love the ombre effect of the yarn…don’t you??
And the fact that the yarn it from my dear Peru made it extra special!! Thank you Carlita for this wonderful gift !!! I am making a cushion for my sofa with the other skein…will show you soon!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment